My baby girl is 25 days away from turning a year old.
Wow...had no idea 12 months could fly by that fast. Especially when all the years before crawled by at a snails pace.Buggy is SO. FAST! She started crawling about 2 months ago and it's amazing to watch her discover that something new improves her life...as soon as she figured out crawling would get her close to something she wanted to inspect she was OFF!
A little over a week ago she started pulling herself up against the couches and now she barely holds on with one hand as she reaches for whatever is in the pillows...include sleeping cats. Phoebe. is. not. impressed. Thankfully, Pheebs also does not scratch/swipe/bite/attack her. Praise the Jesus.
They could be friends. Sometimes.
She also does this:
If there is any doubt that I was involved in making her (since she looks exactly like her daddy) just listen for her screeching like a banshee. Or watch her get excited around her little friends when they come over. She gets right up in their face and she lets loose a scream of glee that generally makes them burst into tears. Yup. That's all me.
She still doesn't eat solid foods very well although we are making strides with the puffs snacks. finally. But small pieces of bread/fruit/veggies are a no go. pureed only. So we head to Seattle next week to have her tongue tie snipped. I've got all my eggs in this basket that after she recovers we'll see major strides forward in her ability to chew.
chewing = eating more = staying full = sleeping longer = happier mom
Liv still comes to work with me in the mornings since daddy's on night shift until the end of the month. I have a makeshift baby gate to contain her in the corner of the office foyer. she can't see me. she generally doesn't like it. So most of the time she sits in her high chair looking out the office window. Once daddy moves to day shift we'll have weekends off and nights together but mom will be bringing her into the office ALL. DAY. pray for me. she refuses to sleep at the office. except when she accidentally dozes off in her jumperoo...
She is a MAJOR giggler. and SOOOOO ticklish. I love that sound. LOVE the sound of her laugh. It echoes around the room. It's so easy to get her going and it's funny to see her sorta wiped out after laughing so hard for so long. Yesterday she tried tickling Ken's knee!! So cute how they copy everything. So cute for now, I'm sure. haha. And then there's the pillows. Put a pillow or blanket on the floor and she's all about it.
She has 5 teeth and a 6th broke through yesterday. She's got such a beautiful smile anyway but the pearly whites only enhance that. Sometimes I just can't stop staring at her. Her wide, beautiful hazel eyes and long lashes. stop it.
Nana and Papa and Grandma are all coming for her first birthday and we've invited her birthday buddy, Dwayne, and all his family to join us. I'm thinking smash cakes for both the 1 year old AND the 44 year old. *smirk*
It's been a whirlwind of a year. Sometimes it's sad to see a season go but more often whatever she's on to next is so much fun I don't miss what we left behind. She's not so tiny or innocent :D anymore but she's so curious and funny and sassy. I can't wait for her to be able to tell me what she wants and needs. I think she knows what Mama and Dada are but usually it comes out mamamamama and dadadada or as my mom loves: nananananana
At the end of the day there are still snuggles. I hope she never grows out of that. Happy almost 1st birthday, Buggy. Mama loves you to the moon and back. xoxo





1 comment:
Yes, yes ,yes!
Post a Comment